COVID 19 has wreaked havoc with the world economy with the UK one of the hardest-hit nations. The UK government has introduced several measures to alleviate the hardships faced by most of its citizens, but there still are plenty in need of additional financial resources. That is where Turn2us has attempted to step in and help the neediest in this hour of crisis.
A COVID-19 fund has been organised to assist all those that lost their source of income because of the pandemic and it will help to meet their daily day-to-day living expenses.
Where we can be of help
While Turn2us is not a substitute for or cannot replace your source of income, we do however offer a one-time grant during the crisis of £500. This can be used for vital living costs (utility bills, food etc).
Who is eligible:
This is solely for those individuals that are facing an urgent financial crisis because of COVID 19 and have to meet the following criteria:
- Show clear proof that you have lost your source of income due to the pandemic, which will need you to furnish proof of a minimum reduction of 50% in your monthly income. For this, you can produce a letter from your employer or a bank statement.
- Must be a UK resident/ Republic of Ireland
- Not currently studying or in higher education
- Must be above the legal age of 18 years
- As a single individual have less than £1k in your savings account. For a family less than £2k in the savings bank account.
- Note: Those that have received a grant from Turn2us in the last 6 months do not qualify for this fund.
- In case you do not qualify:
- If you do not meet the needed criteria for the fund do not apply. Instead, click on the link given below to find other organisations or charities that may be of assistance: https://grants-search.turn2us.org.uk/
- It is recommended to also explore the different kinds of assistance provided by the government for which you might qualify at https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Documents needed for submission:
To meet the eligibility criteria for the COVID-19 fund, you need a minimum reduction of 50% in your monthly income because of the pandemic. If you apply as a family/couple the main primary applicant must have at least a 50% reduction in their income for which evidence will need to be furnished.
If you are unemployed because of the crisis you will have to produce a letter from your employer that confirms you are no longer able to earn an income as wages because of COVID-19. You may also show a bank statement of your earlier earnings (January / February 2020) with a statement showing you are no longer receiving an income.
In case, you still get wages but have had them slashed by 50% or more you will have to furnish a bank statement indicating your previous full wages (January/February 2020) and also a statement showing the reduction in earnings.
Those that are self-employed can produce a statement from their business account that shows the earlier full earnings and also a statement showing the reduction.
After submission of an online application form:
Upon submission of the relevant information online and if the application is successful, you will receive an email from Turn2us within 10 business days. The grant sum will be deposited directly into the bank account you provide.
If you have not got an email from Turn2us, your application, unfortunately, is unsuccessful and you cannot apply for the grant again. That is why it is essential that you duly submit all the relevant information that is asked for. Turn2us, unfortunately, cannot correspond about any information that is missing as we have a high volume of demand for help.