Date(s) - 13/03/2024
9:30 am - 11:00 am
A New Programme for School Support Staff Team Leaders
Enhancing Leadership for the Future (ELF) is a 3 module leadership learning programme designed for individual leaders, in non-teaching roles, who line manage two or more people.
The programme has been designed to explore highly eﬀective leadership within successful teams and the role played by individual leaders in establishing a strong, vibrant professional culture. In a time of relentless change, the only certainty is that new challenges and opportunities will emerge within any organisation. Highly eﬀective leadership, in the future, will demand a mastery of a modern set of leadership behaviours and attitudes.
Enhancing leadership for the future aims to:
- Explore the essential competencies and practices for high-impact leadership
- Develop knowledge and understanding around 3 key concepts for leadership
- Consider the characteristics of a strong, vibrant team culture
- Support participants in creating a vision that inspires members of their team
- Examine how leaders build capacity within every member of their team
This programme offers the knowledge and skills to enable leaders to create and articulate a vision for increasing capacity for improvement and to design and implement an appropriate strategy for whole team improvement that is focused on maximising success and improved outcomes. It addresses the ‘big picture’ of what contributes to team success and the role played by leaders in optimising cultural conditions that maximise learning through focusing on results.
Key areas of learning
1. Clarity Precedes Competence
Key Learning Question – What must a leader do to build confidence in their own leadership?
We can not be competent or confident in any role without having a clear understand about the role, itself, and what is needed to achieve success.
• A Leader’s True North – What is the type of leader that I want to be?
• Understanding the role of leadership beliefs – What values and beliefs do I bring to this role?
• Leadership Wisdom – Introducing 3 key concepts of knowledge and understanding
• Key Functions – Being clear about the functions needed for success as a leader
2. The Competencies of Success
Key Learning Question – What are the essential competencies needed for success as a leader?
Being successful as a leader requires an individual to master a range of essential competencies
- The No 1 competency of a successful leader – What is needed to be the best version of myself
It’s all about perceptions – How does a leader increase self-awareness and responsibility?
- Am I leading a team? Understanding the different types of network that exist in organisations
- The principles of a high-performing team – Being clear about what matters
3. Leading a high-performing team
Key Learning Question – What is my understanding of the developing nature of the team?
A leader must be clear about their own principles and beliefs for a high-performing team and then set about embedding these principles with those they lead.
- Key practices for leading a high-performance team – How I see the team that I lead and it’s future direction.
- Being a future’s thinking leader – What will shape the future developments of this team?
- What stops a network from being a high-performing team? – Identifying common dysfunctions
- It’s all about culture – How do we create and sustain a strong and vibrant team culture for future greatness?
1. Who is the Enhancing Leadership for the Future Programme for?
• Current leaders in non-teaching roles
• Staff aspiring to leadership
• Individuals that have been identified as part of succession planning
• Other members of a school’s Leadership Team
2. Format of programme
• Delivered in virtual classrooms…Using Zoom as the platform
The programme will take place in live online sessions.
Dates and Timings
- Module 1 – Wed 13th March – 09:30 to 11:00
- Module 2 – Wed 8th May – 09.30 to 11.00
- Module 3 – Wed 5th June – 09.30 to 11.00
Feedback from our 2023 cohort:
Reinforces how important good leadership is so can only improve my practice.
I hope it will improve my leadership skills and that I will be able to pass on my learning to colleagues to aid school improvement overall.
It was a good session, particularly for a short session (which is helpful when we have busy workloads). I appreciated the time to think about things and focus on improvement, but also sometimes the thought that there is no absolute right way to go about leadership.
I will take with me “the more reflective you are, the most effective you are”
Andy Hind is a former Head Teacher, with over 30 years of leadership experience, Andy is now a senior consultant with Enhancing Learning Ltd, an independent consultancy company, as well as a qualified facilitator for all national educational leadership programmes.
Andy is driven by a passion for improving the quality of professional development for all participants and currently supports over 600 organisations, worldwide, with their journey to improve leadership and management. His role is in supporting and advising Head Teachers/Heads of Service, Senior Leaders and Middle Leaders in their efforts to improve the quality of education provided to every young learner.
Through a range of inspirational, thought-provoking and challenging approaches, Andy looks to assist organisations in looking inwards, reflecting on their current status, identifying an appropriate and strategic vision and growing towards being genuinely effective learning organisations.
Accessing the online event
Following registration for this event you will receive an email from Eventbrite confirming your place. If you did not create an account at the time of booking or someone else booked on your behalf, you will need to create an Eventbrite account. Open your booking confirmation email, select ‘Claim Your Order’ and then choose a password. Make a note of your email address that was used to make the booking and your new password – you will need these to access the Eventbrite page containing the link to the event.
A minimum of 48 hours before the event begins you will receive another email from Eventbrite containing a direct link to the event and to the Eventbrite Online Event page. Login to Eventbrite, using the same email and password you used to create your account. You will now have access to the online event link and any pre-event materials. This link must not be shared with other people.
Please test the link the day before the event to make sure you can connect. If you need help please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01865 647999 in good time before the event begins. We will be unable to help during the event itself. Please note, if you unsubscribe from Eventbrite before the event takes place you will not receive any further emails from Eventbrite and therefore will not receive the email with the link to the event.
We do not provide refunds if you are unable to access the event due to technical issues that are beyond our control.
Participation in the online event
In all cases, at the beginning of the session to confirm your identity please ensure that your camera is on, your username matches the name you registered with and that you register in ‘chat’ with your first name, second name and organisation. This is for security and registration purposes and we may remove, without refunds, participants who have not confirmed their identity as described above.
Our online events aim to be interactive and you will be expected to have your camera and microphone on, although your microphone should be muted. We may use ‘Raised Hands’, ‘Reactions’, ‘Chat’, ‘Polls’, shared whiteboards and shared screens during the session. We may also use ‘Breakout Rooms’ to allow you to work in a smaller group.
This event will not be recorded for copyright and privacy reasons.
The cost is £120 per person for the three sessions.
Payment is required at the time of booking by credit card, debit card or Paypal. Unless otherwise stated, a ticket gives admission to one person at face-to-face and online events. In the event that you share an online event link with other people who then attend the event, including sharing your screen, or you arrive at a venue without a ticket and we are able to admit you, we will invoice you or your organisation for additional tickets retrospectively.
No refunds will be given with less than 30 days notice.
In the event of a refund request, please note that the Eventbrite booking fee of 6.95% plus 0.59p per ticket is not refundable
To keep our event fees as low as possible, we are not able to issue invoices for payment by cheque or bank transfer and we are not able to reserve places without payment.
We strongly recommend that you take out ‘event ticket insurance’ which may cover the cost of your fee should you be unable to attend the event.