US Eviction Ban allows you to keep your home!

US Eviction Ban allows you to keep your home!

Lost your job and struggling to pay your rent? Worried that you may be forced to leave your home? There is a Federal eviction ban in place that could prevent your landlord from evicting you from your property.

The eviction ban, that has come as a welcome relief to many housing tenants during this difficult time, has been ordered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and runs from 4th September to 31st December 2020. You can read the full details of the ban here:

If you have lost your job as a result of the coronavirus, you should sign the CDC form as a matter of urgency and return it to your landlord.

Who Can Apply for Eviction Relief?

This is a worrying time for many, and we want to make sure that you have the correct information and advice so that you can make the best decisions for you as quickly as possible.

The CDC form lists several criteria that you must meet in order to be exempt from rental eviction:
  • You have attempted to receive housing assistance or government rent
  • You do not expect your 2020 income to be more than $99,000 (($198,000 for a couple filing in a joint application)
  • You did not have to disclose any income to Internal Revenue Service during 2019
  • You have received a Covid-19 stimulus payment
  • You have suffered significantly reduced income as a result of the pandemic
  • Large medical bills are preventing you from affording your full rent amount
  • You are paying as much as you can afford towards your rent
  • You are at risk of becoming homeless if you are evicted
  • You will have to move in with other people in close quarters if you are evicted
  • You fully understand that at the end of the eviction ban, your landlord has the right to evict you if you do not pay all rent that is owed.

If you meet the above conditions, be sure to download this form HERE and return it to your landlord:

Can You Get Help Paying Rent?

You may be eligible to get help with your rental payments. If you are finding it difficult to pay your rent, your state housing finance agency or your local public housing agency office will be able to tell you if you qualify for government programs to help with your payments.

You can also contact your state human or social service agency if you need urgent, emergency assistance or you want to find out what help is available to you locally.

No one should risk losing their housing because of the pandemic; that is why we are committed to providing you with the most updated information and advice to support you during these worrying times.

Remember that even if you do not qualify for rental assistance through these programs, it is always worth getting in touch as you may be referred to a community organization that are able to help with useful advice.
If you need money fast you can also take a loan. The US based company Smart Loans offer loans for nearly any purpose, you can submit your request below to see if your loan request gets approved.
Money in Your Account Fast, if approved. Submit a Loan Request Now!US Eviction Ban allows you to keep your home!

We hope you will find our suggestions above helpful during these difficult times.

For more information and advice on housing and finances, do not forget to keep visiting our blog for the latest news and updates.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *