Date(s) - 03/06/2021 - 04/06/2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Approximately one in four people in the UK will experience mental ill health each year, with around one in eight people currently receiving treatment, but we know that many more people could benefit from help and support, therapy or medication.
Statistics appear to show that how people cope with mental health problems is getting worse with the number of people who self-harm or have suicidal thoughts increasing. This is where Mental Health First Aid Training comes in; you can learn how to help and support a person in distress and work with them to get the support they need to help them cope when they are in crisis.
We offer a two day training course covering Adult’s Mental Health First Aid. This is a practical skills and awareness course which will provide you with:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
The course is set into four manageable chunks delivered by one of our engaging and knowledgeable trainers, using a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions.
As a charity, we know all about mental health and have a deeper understanding of the impact that mental ill health can have on our communities.
Why Mental Health First Aid? Mental Health First Aid overview and action plan, what mental health is, what depression is, impact of mental health issues, stigma and discrimination, depression, symptoms of depression, risk factors for depression and depression in the workplace.
Suicide figures, alcohol, drugs and mental health, First Aid for suicidal crisis, non-judgmental listening skills, First Aid for depression, treatment and resources for depression and self-care.
What is an anxiety disorder? First Aid for anxiety disorders, crisis first aid after a traumatic event, alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders, treatment and resources for anxiety disorders, cognitive distortions and CBT, personality disorders, eating disorders and self-harm.
What is psychosis, risk factors for psychosis, alcohol, drugs and psychosis, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, warning signs of developing psychosis, crisis First Aid for acute psychosis, treatment and resouces for psychosis, recovery and building resources and action planning for using MHFA.
Everyone who completes this course will receive:
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it;
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health;
- A wallet sized fold out card detailing the Mental First Aid Action Plan;
- A certificate of attendance to show you are a qualified Mental Health First Aider.