Date(s) - 03/06/2022
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Team Teach offers accredited training to staff groups in behaviour support and intervention in response to challenging behaviour. The training combines both theory and practice, emphasising the need for staff to show restraint rather than apply it!
It provides a risk assessment structure to the selection of physical interventions offered, supporting a safe environment for both students and staff. The Positive Handling Strategies have sufficient range and flexibility to be appropriate across the age and development range.
Team teach can be offered within your own organisation at a mutually convenient time. Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us (01235 856500) for further information
Training enables staff to feel more confident and competent in their management of disruptive and challenging behaviour, reducing stress by increasing safety and security for all involved. The training will include:
- Understanding causal factors of behaviour
- Using risk assessment to reduce incidents of challenge
- Law and guidance
- Using effective prevention and de-escalation techniques
- Training for use of positive handling
- Recording and reporting
The Team Teach course constitutes 95% skills in prevention and de-escalation with the emphasis on avoiding the need for physical holding. The remaining 5% supports confidence in when and how to hold safely. The intermediate foundation course is a 6 hour training, allowing course members to be accredited for a period of 36 months. Reaccreditation within the 36 month period has a requirement of 3 hours follow up. Groups are trained at a ratio of one trainer per 12 delegates. In line with the team ethos of the programme, best practice includes training a group of core staff members including senior management representatives, but preferably whole organisations.
Please note – the trainers license only allows training to be delivered in Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire (Swindon) and West Berkshire.