Date(s) - 12/04/2019 - 30/07/2019
9:00 am - 11:30 am
Studer Community Institute
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, over 50% of small businesses fail in the first year and 95% fail within the first five years.
But what’s the main reason? According to score.org, the number one reason small business fail is cash flow.
Mention those two little words to almost any small business owner, and you’ll almost always see them cringe.
Attendees will gain the opportunity for interactive dialogue with seasoned bankers in the small to medium enterprise and large commercial space. Collectively with over 40 years of banking experience, these individuals will share valuable strategies for business credit planning.
If you are looking to better understand business banking services, financial statements, the steps necessary to develop a business plan and responsible usage of business credit, this 4-part series is the best place to start!
Pt 1: Business Banking Services & Financial Statements
April 12, 2019 | 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Common types of business accounts
- Account insurance
- Opening a business account – document checklist
- Using business debit and credit cards effectively
- Merchant processing services
- Financial statements and balance sheets
- Profit and loss statements
- Cash flow statements
- Cash position reports
Pt 2: Developing a Business Plan
May 23, 2019 | 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- My business priorities
- How lenders and investors use business plans
- Writing an executive summary
- Writing a company description
- Defining your management and organization
- Understanding the market
- Performing a competitive analysis
- Describing product/services lines
- Building a sales and marketing strategy
- Developing financial projections
- Building the business plan
Pt. 3: How Businesses Obtain Credit
June 20, 2019 | 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Defining creditworthiness
- The 5 C’s of credit
- Other considerations by lenders
- Building and maintaining good credit
- Business credit scores
- Credit health plan
- Business and loan application checklist
- Small Business Administration (SBA) financing – Pros and cons
- Small Business Administration (SBA) loan programs
- Small Business Administration (SBA) express loans
- Do I qualify for a Small Business Administration (SBA loan?
Pt 4: How Businesses Use Credit
July 30, 2019 | 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Credit needs
- Credit types
- Lines of credit (and pros and cons)
- Business credit cards (and pros and cons)
- Comparing business credit cards
- Term loans (types and pros and cons)
- Comparing your financing options
- Real estate-secured loans (types and pros and cons)
- Residential vs. commercial real estate loans
Who Should Attend:
Aspiring and existing entrepreneurs, business owners, top-level managers and key decision makers will find these sessions beneficial for gaining a better understanding of financial resources available and how they can advance their business through proper application.
This curriculum is especially beneficial to businesses that fall within the U.S. Small Business Administration’s guidelines of 100 or fewer employees and annual revenues at $1 million or less.
Our Expert Speaker: