Date(s) - 09/05/2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
One key component of the real estate investment and management process which may sometimes be neglected is the financing aspects. Real estate is one of the most leverageable investment asset class and the appropriateness of the financing arrangement in place (not necessarily simply the cheapest), may result in a significant difference between yield enhancement and value deterioration.
Today, there is a wide range of sources and options for real estate funding depending on the regulatory/legal operating environments and maturity of financial markets of different jurisdictions. As real estate investments become increasingly diversified across different geographical markets, there is an increasing need to understand the fundamentals in ensuring the most appropriate financing arrangements are in place for your investments. Financing arrangements does also impact how a real estate investment is to be structured, as with tax and legal considerations.
This course aims to provide a fundamental understanding of the different real estate funding options available and key considerations in determining the appropriate financing for each specific property/project. Equip with this understanding, real estate professionals can become more confident in assessing real estate investments, engaging financial institutions on funding requirements and improve their business interactions with investors and clients in the real estate industry.
- Two CEA core CPD credit hours (C2L1S0715)
- Understand the basis fundamentals of real estate financing
- Understand key terminologies used in real estate financing arrangements
- Be better equipped to engage financial institutions, other financing providers and real estate finance professionals for corporate real estate financing needs
- Develop awareness of differences in funding options and structures in difference geographical markets
- Broaden knowledge to improve business interactions within real estate industry
The course will be useful to:
- Real estate investment professionals
- Real estate advisors / consultants
- Property agents
- Other real estate professionals who are keen to have a fundamental understanding of real estate financing to broaden their industry knowledge which they believe may benefit their respective careers in the real estate industry.
About the Trainer
Andrew Melvyn Sim, Business Head (Regional), Real Estate Department, OCBC Bank
Andrew is currently Business Head (Regional), Real Estate Department at OCBC Bank. In his current role, he leads a team of real estate specialists to drive the Bank’s real estate funding business and related transactions for corporates in the region with a focus in Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand and Korea.
With more than 18 years of accumulated experience in banking and transaction advisory services, Andrew is a corporate real estate funding specialist, having led, structured and executed real estate funding transactions for various corporate real estate companies, investors and real estate funds across different countries and different real estate asset classes.
Prior to joining OCBC Bank, he was at KPMG Business Advisory involved in merger & acquisition transaction advisory and due diligence. Andrew has a Master of Science in Real Estate from the National University of Singapore and is a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.