Date(s) - 20/03/2019
8:30 am - 5:15 pm
Headway Capital is conducting one-day courses in project finance in 2019, with the first one in Melbourne, Australia on 20 March 2019. Project finance is one of the key means of funding projects in the infrastructure, process engineering, mining, renewable energy, oil and gas, LNG and other sectors.
The course has been accredited by the Institution of Chemical Engineers UK, and is equally suited to all professionals wishing to gain an understanding of project finance.
The one-day course provides an understanding of project finance including reasons why projects are financed on a limited or non-recourse basis, advantages and disadvantages of project finance, business models used by projects raising project finance, quantitative and qualitative analysis required to develop a financing solution for a project, contracts and other documentation, how to determine a project’s borrowing capacity, risks assessment and mitigation, sources of limited and non-recourse debt, advisors used, credit-related concepts and the project finance process.
The course uses a combination of lectures, case studies, videos and interactive discussions.
- What is project finance?
- Basic elements of a project financing structure
- Advantages and disadvantages of project finance
- Credit-related concepts used in project finance
- Credit enhancement mechanisms used in project finance
- Advisers used and other specialist experts
- Project viability factors
- Risk mitigation and risk management methods
- Risk periods in a project
- Sources of funds
- Business models used by projects to raise project finance
- Financial modelling and project evaluation
- Coverage ratios
- Assessment of a project’s borrowing capacity
- Credit criteria used by financiers
Morning tea, afternoon tea and lunch are included in the price.