Date(s) - 13/06/2019 - 14/06/2019
9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Attend this intensive 2-day training and learn to…
- Unlocking the potential of Microsoft Excel: Get an overview of the powerful built-in functionality without external add-ins and software.
- Smart analytics: Learn about smart solutions to standard problems in investment analytics
- Spreadsheet templates: build customized solutions based on the many spreadsheet templates distributed to participants in this course.
- Spreadsheet risk management: Use Excel in a structured way and minimize operational issues
This course gives an overview of applying Excel in a most efficient manner for typical calculations in investment analysis and portfolio management. Delegates will be introduced to some of the less widely known but highly useful built-in functions. Spreadsheet templates are used in group exercises to solve case study – like problems. The focus of the course is to deliver practical value for working professionals. The calculations discussed in the course are typical examples encountered in performance measurement, risk management and portfolio management.
The training consists of classroom-based teaching combined with group exercises (four per day).
Who should attend?
The course is not only for specialists but for a wider audience including investment managers, asset management executives of all levels, institutional investors and research analysts. This course has been designed for the benefit of:
- Research analysts
- Portfolio managers
- Risk managers
- Fund analysts
- Performance analysts
- Quantitative investment analysts
The course assumes a general familiarity with financial markets, instruments and investment portfolios. A basic understanding of statistical and mathematical concepts is an advantage.
Delegates will receive colour printouts of all slides and electronic access to Excel spreadsheets used during the course.