Date(s) - 28/03/2019
2:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Imperial White City Incubator
Innovation Academy events are designed to support the entrepreneurial ecosystem at Imperial College London by delivering insight and skills to those considering starting new technology businesses.
Funding and Finance for start-ups
This module is designed to help entrepreneurs at Imperial understand the funding and finance opportunities available for start-ups, how to go about getting a company funded, and how to finance for growth.
This module is preceded by a networking lunch from 1pm – 2pm.
- Learn about various sources of public funding and private finance;
- Hear about business journeys directly from start-up entrepreneurs
- Meet potential mentors and business partners;
- Network with like-minded Imperial peers;
- Hear best practices, examples and case studies;
- Benefit from expert advice on access to funding and finance, incubators and accelerators, crowdfunding platforms, venture capital and convertible loans.
- Public grants
- Angel investors
- Incubators and accelerators
- Venture capital
- Corporate venture
- Convertible loans
There will be a variety of guest speakers and presentations from various investors, entrepreneurs, public funders and innovation ecosystem experts.
Cost of participation
This course is designed members of the Imperial College London community. If you are an academic, member of staff, student or alumni of Imperial College London then participation is free of charge. Please register using your Imperial College email account. Please register early to confirm your place.
Closer to the event date, we will email you to confirm your attendance. Please ensure that you reply to this email otherwise you may be removed from the list.
A note on registration
Please note that by registering through this page you are simply registering your interest in attending. We will contact you via email to confirm your plans for attendance shortly before the event takes place.
Tickets are available for those outside the Imperial eco-system, but please note that priority for attendance will be given to staff, students or alumni of Imperial College London