Date(s) - 14/03/2019
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Room 1, Level 10
The aim of this introductory workshop is to clear some of the confusion and frustration for SMEs who are seeking to take the investor route to help finance their business. It will provide clarity and signposting about the different types of capital and funding available, how to decide which is appropriate for your business, the likely costs involved, how to access it, the material that needs to be prepared and the likely timescales to secure funding.
During this FREE interactive session you will also have the opportunity to complete a “Funding Decision Tree” to guide you through the funding maze and different sources of capital.
The session will also include:
- What makes you attractive to a funding source;
- The differences between each source of funding the advantages and disadvantages and likely costs;
- A “Decision Tree” guideline to help you select the most appropriate funding for your business;
- How to access the various funding sources;
- What not to say to a potential funder;
- The timescales and effort involved with each potential source of funding, and:
- Why telling a great story is so important to your chance of funding success, using anecdotes and real life examples.
By the end of the session you will:
- be able to make more informed decsions on the most appropriate source of funding for your business;
- have an idea of the effort and costs involved with each funding option;
- have clarity on the materials you will need to build to apply for your funding option, and;
- become aware of what would make you attractive to your chosen funding source.
This workshop is ideal for you if you have built your business to a level where it is ready for accelerated expansion and now needs access to funding to make it happen, ie you already have a track record of delivering for clients, have been trading for over a year and are building a reputation in your market.
10.00 – Registration & Networking
10.30 – Interactive Workshop
12.30 – Q&A & Networking
13.00 – Close