Date(s) - 11/04/2019
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
When? Thursday 11th April 2019
Where? Lloyds Bank, London
Are you interested in a career in the financial sector?
Hosted by Lloyds Bank, students who attend this event get the chance to explore the world of ‘the city’ and financial careers using exciting hands-on activities and business games; including trading, corporate banking, investment and insurance sectors. Students also have the opportunity to chat to professionals about all aspects of starting a career in finance and learn about the different study routes from degree apprneutceship to graduate programmes.
What happens at the event?
- Hear short talks from industry experts to learn about their experiences in the financial sector
- Network with professionals from a range of financial areas to gain advice and information
- Hear from University Professors what you would cover on a Finance degree
- Take part in the ‘Trading Game’ activity that will help you build employability skills that the industry needs
- Speak with recent graduates and apprentices from a rnage of financial companies to hear about their career journeys and how to gain work experience
How can this day help you?
- Learn about different industries such as banking, insurance, pensions and actuarial, risk, accountancy and more
- Get to grips with the various undergraduate courses and higher apprenticeships on offer to understand the differences
- Learn which industries are in demand and opportunities for work experience
- Start to build the skills and qualities universities and employers look for
- Provide evidence on your personal statement and CV that you have researched and are committed to your career
Agenda (*subject to change)
09.15 – 10.00 Arrival and registration
10.00 – 10.10 Welcome & warm up
10.10 – 10.40 Introduction to the world of Finance
10.40 – 11.10 What is “The City”?
11.10 – 11.25 Comfort Break
11.25 – 13.00 Meet the Professionals – A speed networking opportunity
– Bank of England
– Lloyds Bank Graduates and Apprentices
–Representative from PwC
13.00 – 13.55 Lunch
13.55 – 15.25 The Trading Game (Engage CSR)
A fast paced trading game to test your team work, time management, listening and numeracy skills .
15.25 – 15.30 Summary, Prizes and conclusions
15.30 – 15.45 Depart
What students said last year
“I very much enjoyed my time today. It has now opened up a new avenue in what I want to do for the future.” (Year 12 student)
“I loved this event because it showed me what it would be like to work in the city and I met a great range of speakers from the financial industry” (Year 11 student)