Date(s) - 14/10/2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Ripon College Cuddesdon
A 3-day programme to inspire, support and challenge you into taking up your current role with even more effectiveness, authority and impact.
Headship is a unique leadership role where the success of a whole school is deeply related to the self-awareness, capability and aspiration of the headteacher. One of the most important leadership roles in society, headship affects the flourishing and well-being of children, not just during their years of schooling but throughout their lives. Therefore, given the unique demands of the headteacher role, it requires unique development, and this is why we offer this programme.
Additional dates within the programme*
- Friday 15 October 2021
- Friday 19 November 2021
*All three dates must be attended
Overall the objective is to inspire, support and challenge you into taking up your current role with even more effectiveness, authority and impact. It will do this by:
- Deepening self-awareness – a rigorous inquiry into ‘what it is like on the receiving end of you’.
- Helping you read the room – increasing your ability to read and improve group dynamics to help create and sustain high performance.
- Strengthening your leading of leaders – advance your capability for growing your colleague’s leadership within a senior team and with middle leaders.
- Exploring whole school leadership – proven approaches to creating a school culture that improves outcomes for children.
We start with a profound respect for the experience, knowledge, skills and wisdom you bring with you.
- We think that to develop the leader is to develop the human. There are no short cuts. If you want to develop your leadership it follows you want to evolve yourself as a human being.
- This psychology and frameworks are typically new to participants and are selected because they offer new levels of insight and are highly applicable to every day school leadership.
- Programme participants’ work together is a key element for creating learning and insight alongside the context and facilitation. Previous participants commented on how much they valued working with other headteachers on this programme.
This is potentially one of the most influential courses I have been on since in leadership. Rarely do you walk away with so much thinking and considering to do on your own practice. Plenty of material to digest and share. (Primary Headteacher)
‘No professional development I have done before or since has had such a profound impact on how I lead and how I think. Challenging, rigorous and always fascinating, Alex’s programmes deliver sustainable leadership development for all.’ (Secondary Headteacher)
The programme is designed and facilitated by Alexander Pett. Alexander is a leadership development and organisational change specialist with 20 years’ experience of helping senior leaders and their teams establish the behaviours and ways of working necessary to create and sustain high performance. Prior to running his own leadership consultancy, he was Head of Leadership and Talent Development for two FTSE 100 companies. He began his career as a secondary school teacher in Hampshire.
Cost includes VAT which may be recovered by schools
£975 (plus VAT)
The event cost is inclusive of applicable VAT. VAT is generally recoverable by schools but if in doubt please check with your finance manager.
Payment needs to be made at the time of booking by credit card, debit card or Paypal. A VAT invoice will be sent to you automatically by email.
In the event of a refund request being accepted, please note that the Eventbrite booking fee of 6.5% plus 0.49p per ticket is not refundable.
No refunds will be given with less than 30 days notice.
We strongly recommend that you take out ‘event ticket insurance’ which may cover the cost of your fee should you be unable to attend the event.
To keep our event fees as low as possible, we are not able to issue manual invoices for later payment by cheque or bank transfer and we are not able to reserve places without payment.