Date(s) - 29/03/2023
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
The ACE Centre Nursery School
This workshop will take place in our ACE Centre Forest School and will explore principles of how to deliver forest school inspired sessions within your setting. We will share ideas for a progression of skills and activities, cover the risk assessments necessary to provide a safe experience; and brainstorm how to continue the benefits of outdoor learning when back indoors.
The workshop will take place outdoors, so wrap up warm. We will provide a number of natural experiences for you, while talking through the key principles and practices of delivering a regular quality forest school-inspired experience within your setting, including clay work, willow weaving, natural art in a hand-made frame, ropes and knots and cooking bread on a stick.
The training will explore and consider:
- The benefits of forest school across all stages and areas of the curriculum
- Understand what forest school is – FSA 6 defining principles
- Offer child-led planning around skills progression for forest school experiences and activities for three and four-year-olds
- Risk assessments and benefits procedures
- Using a language of safety, planning and creative thinking to inspire independence
- Explore tools, materials and storage (face to face session only)
- Understanding and planning the flow of a session (face to face training offers a walk-through session experience)
On this course, you will learn:
- how to create outdoor forest school inspired sessions in your school grounds throughout the year
- How to support children to feel safe and find their confidence and independence in the outdoors
- How to enhance well-being, resilience and a positive approach to learning in your class
- How to use and work within the 6 FSA principles in a more limited space
This session is suitable for ECTs, EYFS Teachers, EYFS Practitioners, Teaching Assistants and those aiming to build their confidence in delivering forest school inspired sessions within their setting.
Note: Should we not receive enough uptake to run this outdoor workshop face to face, we may offer it as an online session instead. If you’re unable to attend in person, then please email us to register your interest in attending virtually (email@example.com)
Lexy Tuckwell is an experienced Early Years teacher and SENCO who qualified in 2008 and has worked in primary school KS1, Reception, and Foundation Stage settings. She currently works as a senior leader in an Outstanding maintained nursery school. She is also a qualified Forest School Leader and a passionate advocate for Early Years. She has trained in and introduced diverse Early Years pedagogic practices and ethos at The ACE Centre, building a wide portfolio of Early Years practice and wisdom as lead teacher. With experience in being a SCITT and PGCE mentor and having run in house CPD sessions, she is delighted to have the opportunity to now share her experience within the structure of the ECT programme and ITT Specialist Subject days. She is also currently undergoing NPQH Headteacher training and completing a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership with Best Practice Network.
Payment is required at the time of booking by credit card, debit card or Paypal. Unless otherwise stated, a ticket gives admission to one person at face-to-face and online events. In the event that you share an online event link with other people who then attend the event, including sharing your screen, or you arrive at a venue without a ticket and we are able to admit you, we will invoice you or your organisation for additional tickets retrospectively.
No refunds will be given with less than 30 days notice.
In the event of a refund request, please note that the Eventbrite booking fee of 6.5% plus 0.49p per ticket is not refundable.
To keep our event fees as low as possible, we are not able to issue invoices for payment by cheque or bank transfer and we are not able to reserve places without payment.
We strongly recommend that you take out ‘event ticket insurance’ which may cover the cost of your fee should you be unable to attend the event.