Date(s) - 05/03/2019
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Mount Business Centre
Finance for Non-Financial Managers training will give you a greater understanding of the way finance operates and how it impacts on your business performance. You will be better informed of financial issues and be able to communicate more confidently and effectively with your funders, bank, staff, creditors and contractors
What Will I Learn?
You will learn the fundamental principles of financial management, and how to integrate financial concepts and policies into the management decision and budgeting process.
Financial jargon will be demystified and you will learn how to interpret the main financial statements that you will come across in your business. You will be given the principles of good cash management and shown how to monitor and control cash flows that will result in the efficient running, survival and success of your business.
Finally, you will learn how to assess the working capital of your business and what policies and strategies to implement to help you mitigate risks from credit customers. This course features a series of interactive discussions and case studies to give you practical solutions to everyday business finance issues.
By the end of the training you will be able to:
- Understand the main financial documents and the importance of book keeping
- Interpret the Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet and appreciate the difference between these two financial statements
- Select and calculate the appropriate ratio to analyse and interpret data in the financial statements
- Appreciate the importance of cash in a business and how the cash flow cycle operates
- Know how to prepare a cash flow forecast and how to improve cash flow
- Recognise the difference between cash in bank and profit
- Explain the concept of working capital and why it is critical to a successful business
- Understand credit control principles and the importance of credit management
- Learn how to manage your customer accounts effectively to ensure prompt payment
Is it For Me?
This course is for anyone who would like an appreciation of the principles of financial management and basic accounting techniques. It is also ideal for anyone who may already have some financial knowledge who wishes to gain greater financial awareness.