Date(s) - 04/06/2019 - 02/07/2019
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Most newcomers and start-ups are slow to understand the financial landscape in Canada, and lack the knowledge required for informed decisions.
- EP Academy is equipped with the right tools to support its cohorts to understand the system and build successful ventures.
- To Empower start-ups, entrepreneurs, and professionals to manage their financial well-being.
- To Teach businesses the tools and resources required to fund, market, brand products, and get partnerships.
- To Enhance the knowledge of participants on financial, credit, risk, and tax management.
- EP Academy’s goal is to adopt teaching skills tailored to meet the needs of newcomers, skilled immigrants, and resident professionals.
- EP Academy will teach skills, style, systems, standards, and procedures to manage the financial, personal, business, and corporate side of life
- Olutoyin Oyelade: Founder, InVcap Corp* | CasaFoundation | Convener-Friends of Africa (D.MGT/AIM)
- Cheryl Bedard: Co-founder, Bedard Associates | Founding Member, Immigrant Women In Business (CRM)
- Yannick Le Fang: Founder, Kasi Insights | Group Manager, Risk Mgt; TD Canada Trust Bank (PRM)
- Fatima Kamenge-Administrator (MSc)
- Ben Ngenzi-Faculty Assistant
- The syllabus is a description of a series of lectures presented by scholars and practitioners over 12 sessions
- Each segment would be a ninety-minute interactive presentation with relevant workbooks provided
- 30 minute Q & A (Question and Answer) sessions will follow each workshop
- Practitioner Presentations from sector relevant organizations will be available
- Support Exercises will be provided
- Workshop series are interactive and flow progressively from course to course
- Participants work independently to identify their purpose, target markets, and sales strategy
- Participants create their own draft business plan and financial plan for Faculty review
- Business Finance Series is designed as a 6-Session Workshop.
- Workshops will be conducted over a 6-Week period
- Exercises will be administered in between workshop days
- Participants must commit to attend all Workshop segments
- Participants are attached to Business Mentors from diverse industry sectors
- Participants benefits from Intern-Entrepreneurship programs
- Participants access practice and networking sessions at EntrepreneursPoint.com
- Participants gain experiential learning from Top industry experts by sectors such as:
- Banking: TD Canada Trust Bank, Royal Bank of Canada, Business Development Bank, Canada- BDC
- Investment: InVcap (and its Investors Group)
- Real Estate, Law, Accounting