Date(s) - 24/10/2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Learn How Your Jobs are Really Doing and Bridge the PM / Accounting Divide While You’re Doing It.
Discover the key processes that make construction accounting unique, including job costing, WIP reporting, over and under billing and the most important elements of a contractor’s financial statements. Attendees who complete this workshop will earn 8 CPE credits in the field of accounting. This CFMA workshop is designed for accounting professionals and other team members, such as owners, estimators, PMs and superintendents, who need a better understanding of basic construction accounting principles.
This workshop will discuss the following:
- Understanding the language of construction accounting
- Why job costing is the backbone of your financial system
- Job management and the contract lifecycle: problem solving and controls
- Effective equipment costing: how to recover costs from your jobs
- The value of linking project management with accounting
- Elements of financial statements
- Fundamentals of revenue recognition
Breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack is included.