Date(s) - 05/03/2019
8:30 am - 11:00 am
LOOKING OUT TO 2020
As we move into the new financial year we begin to access the outlook for global markets as we look out to 2020 and beyond. How can investor’s best position themselves amid changing central bank policies and geopolitical risks?
Expert speakers will look to answer some of the key questions on global issues:
- What is the outlook for Far Eastern markets after the late 2018 sell-off? And will Europe overcome the growth slowdown ?
- Continuing Middle East turbulence and possible effects on the oil price.
- Continuing China slowdown and consequentials
- Geo-political turbulence – e.g. Italy confrontation with the EU over its high spend budget plans – a Greece in the making?
- Who might take up the baton from the FANGs?
Lets not forget the UK:
There will be particular interest in the outlook for the UK equity market after being shunned by international investors for much of the past two years. Domestic investors also turned cautious with billions withdrawn from UK trusts and funds. Will there be a Brexit bounce – or a Brexit overhang?
Time to look at the FTSE350 rather than the FTSE100?
Practical advice: tactics for the cautious and tactics for the bold.
- Bill Jamieson as chair
- Caspar Rock, Cazenove Capital
- Mark Whitehead, Portfolio Manager, Securities Trust of Scotland.
- David Coombs, Rathbones